It’s summer in DC, which means your family is coming into town & you have to entertain them. While the museums on the Mall will busy them for a bit, after a while you’ll need more than directions to the Hirshorn to keep them outta the house.
Here’s a few suggests from my own family-fun odyssey in DC keeping my folks happy.
- Nuttin like Kickball on the National Mall
- For the adventurous – Tuesday Drag Queen Bingo at Chaos
- A summer picnic with all your friends too
- Listening to Ft. Reno summer concerts
- Watching Screen on the Green
- Cheering for their favorite Triathlete
- Renting a rowboat at Fletcher’s Boat House
- Flip cupping with grandma
- Showing them the sights in Bike DC
- And my fav; people watching in Dupont Circle
Got any suggestions to add?
This post appeared in its original form at DC Metblogs