‘In Case of an Emergency’
courtesy of ‘Samer Farha’
**Updated via Vox Populi @4:45pm — Georgetown Senior Vice President Spiros Dimolitsas wrote in an e-mail to the student body that the two workers who were burned are in stable condition. Two DPS officers also suffered from smoke inhalation, he said, and were treated and released early this morning. The equipment that started the fire was a floor stripper.
Early Thursday morning, a chemical fire broke out at the 221 New North building located on Georgetown University’s campus. Vox Populi reports that two maintenance workers were cleaning with chemicals, when their tools overheated the chemicals and started the fire. D.C. Fire Department responded to the one room fire which was contained by the sprinkler system.
The two workers were taken to the Georgetown University Hospital with serious burns to their arms and faces, and their condition is reported as critical.