courtesy of ‘MissChatter’
As Tom so observantly pointed out in today’s Sports Fix, Nationals MASN color commentator Rob Dibble is back in the booth tonight when the Nats take on the Cincinnati Reds in Ohio to continue their stretch of this road trip.
You either like Dibble’s comments or you don’t, but it’s safe to say the vast majority of verbalized opinions lean toward the “can’t stand to hear him say another word about an umpire calling an inconsistent strike zone.” All opinions aside though, the brothers Mottram over at Mister Irrelevant have devised a plan for making Nationals games on T.V. and Rob Dibble far more bearable than ever before. They’ve created “The Bob & Rob Drinking Game” in honor of MASN broadcast personalities Bob Carpenter and Mr. Dibble. Hooray!
We Love DC might be a little late to the party since the game itself was announced last week, but this might just be the opportune moment to jump right in and have some fun. Heck, it’ll make sitting on your couch watching the game feel even more like being at the ballpark with a beer in hand sans the humidity and packed post-game Metro ride. So why not, right?
A few stand-out “moments to drink” include:
- Bob or Rob is just plain wrong (e.g. “Juan Pierre is an excellent player.”).
- Bob or Rob uses one of the following nicknames: “Gentleman Zim, “The Goozer,” The Capper,” “The Hammer,” “The Body” or “Big Bad Dunn.”
Drink two when …
- Bob or Rob praises Ivan Rodriguez for intangibles such as leadership.
- Rob complains about pitchers throwing too many off-speed pitches.
- Sideline reporter extraordinaire Debbie Taylor appears.
- Debbie talks to you like you’re 2 years old.
Drink three when…
- Rob complains about balls and strikes.
- Rob complains about and/or mocks those who use the Internet.
There are two “Chug when…” moments to drink so if you’re into the game from what you’ve read here, go on and buy yourself that six pack already. It’s all in good fun.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Drink Away Rob Dibble’s Remarks: ‘IMG_0598′ courtesy of ‘MissChatter’ As Tom so observantly point... via #DC -- Topsy.com