courtesy of ‘afagen’
There’s an old friend in town who’s turning 20 next week: Pizzeria Paradiso.
Back in November 1991, the pizzeria opened its first location in Dupont Circle and over its history has not only revamped the original spot, but expanded to Georgetown and Old Town Alexandria. Not too shabby of an accomplishment for a local small business, right?
“When Pizzeria Paradiso was created, the things motivating it were community, laughter and tasty food,” said chef and owner Ruth Gresser in a news release. “We were all so excited when our first customers entered the restaurant a few minutes after we unlocked the front door. And now, we’re so happy to reach our ’20 Something’ anniversary so we can celebrate by eating and laughing with our family of customers and staff.”
In honor of its 20th birthday, the restaurant is hosting a week of events as part of their “20 Something” Celebration:
- Monday, November 7th – Get one large and one small pizza for $20 on take-out orders only.
- Tuesday, November 8th – Receive a 20th anniversary beer glass when you purchase a beer with your meal. The 8th is the restaurant’s official birthday.
- Wednesday, November 9th – Pay $20 for all you can eat pizza and beer (note: you can eat all the pizza you want, but there’s 2 beer maximum).
- Thursday, November 10th – Pay $20 for a small special pizza and an anniversary beer.
- Friday, November 11th – Your first beer is just 20 cents.
- Saturday, November 12th – Dine in at a location and pay just 20 cents for toppings (note: 3 toppings maximum)
- Sunday, November 13th – Round out the week with “20 Free Pizzas” Family/Kids Day from 1-4 PM. Kids can be part of a make your own pizza demonstration with owner/chef Ruth Gresser and the first 20 kid’s pizzas are free (note: Old Town location only).
Plus, Pizzeria Paradiso will be hosting a trivia contest on their Facebook pages (Georgetown, Old Town, Dupont) with $20 gift certificate prizes twice per day. And their lucky 2,000th Twitter follower will receive three $20 gift certificates, one for each location.
Congratulations and happy birthday to Pizzeria Paradiso for serving up tasty slices to DC for 20 years!