Some random observations from last night:
1) The downstairs bar at Local 16 on a Saturday night is packed so full it’s impossible to navigate with a full martini.
2) Everyone at the inexplicably packed bar looked exactly the same. No diversity. I was even the only girl with short hair.
3) Despite said fetchingly modern haircut and killer jeans, a twentysomething rugby player called me “ma’am”
4) 3am crullers from 7-11 will assuage ageist humiliation and stave off impending hangover
5) A night on the town isn’t complete until you’ve seen a car burst into flames mere steps from your house
This post appeared in its original form at DC Metblogs