Arlington County services that will be affected by Monday’s Martin Luther King Jr. holiday observance:
- Arlington County Courts: The General District Court, Circuit Court, Juvenile Court and Clerks Office will be closed on Friday, Jan. 12, 2007 for Lee-Jackson Day and Monday, Jan. 15, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. They will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 16, at 8 a.m.
- Refuse/Recycling Collection: Refuse and recycling will be picked up as normal on Monday, Jan. 15, but there will be no Christmas tree pickup.
- Arlington Public Libraries: All County libraries will be closed Monday, Jan. 15.
- Recreation and Senior Centers: All recreation and senior centers will be closed Monday, Jan. 15, except for Barcroft Sports and Fitness Center, which will be open 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- The Skate Park at Powhatan Springs Park: Free Skate Session, 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 15; Managed Skate Session, noon – 7 p.m.
- Nature Centers: Gulf Branch and Long Branch Nature Centers will be closed Monday, Jan. 15. Park grounds and trails will be open.
- Public Swimming Pools (adjacent to Arlington’s three public high schools):
- Saturday, Jan. 13: Washington-Lee open 6 a.m. to 8 a.m., noon to 7 p.m. Wakefield open noon to 7 p.m. Yorktown open noon to 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 15: Washington-Lee open 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Yorktown open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Wakefield open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Arlington Parking Meters: Meters will not be enforced on Monday, Jan. 15. All other parking regulations will be in effect.
- Arlington Virginia Network, AVN-74: Regular program schedules on Monday, Jan. 15.
- Arlington Transit (ART) : On Monday, Jan. 15, ART 41 and 51 will run a Saturday schedule. No other ART routes will be in service. STAR office will be closed. Please call Friday, Jan. 12 to book trips.
This post appeared in its original form at DC Metblogs