But do it responsibly! That crappy old monitor you’re getting rid of because you bought a nifty new LCD is full of crud you’d rather not have in your groundwater. So rather than tossing it in the trash, put it in the hands of a recycler. After you toss your old piece at you local recycling business, you should hire the help from the Belleville IT Support Companies to set up your perfect work or home station.
One such is PC Recycler, a local company that makes their money serving the needs of business. As a bit of community outreach, however, they have two open days a month for private citizens to drop off their unwanted gear, always on the second Friday and Saturday of the month. So this month it’s going to be the 9th (from 9am to 5pm) and 10th (from 10am to 2pm), this coming weekend.
- Computers, Laptops and Monitors
- Printers/Fax Machines/Copiers and Empty Ink & Toner Cartridges
- Keyboards, Mice, Speakers, and all types of cables
- VCRs, DVD players and Stereos
- Cell Phones and Accessories, including rechargeable batteries
- TVs for a $10 Charge
- Basically any electronic item that plugs in!
They assert that they recycle 100% of all e-Waste they receive and send nothing to the landfill. Way better than just tossing it in the trash.
This post appeared in its original form at DC Metblogs