Details are a bit sketchy at this point, but Gawker is reporting that the Capitol Visitors Center has been evacuated:
This is a message from the U.S. Capitol Police
1. An evacuation has been ordered for the Capitol Visitors Center (CVC).
2. Remain calm and move in a safe manner to the exits.
3. If nearby, grab Go-Kits and personal belongings on the way out.
4. Close doors behind you, but do not lock. Avoid using elevators.
5. Proceed home. Or, if your office has an alternate off-campus meeting place, proceed to that alternate site if directed by your management.
6. Once at home, you can call 1-888-446-4366 or 202-226-6661 for recorded information.
7. If you are not in the (designated HOBs), please stay clear of the building.
But, Politico is reporting that things are once again copacetic. What happened? Well, it’s not clear, but Gawker suggests this tweet holds the answer: “it appears that a rotund gentlemen from Arkansas got his fingers caught in the escalator…weird”
If that’s the case, owie.