The holiday season is more than a time to gorge yourself with home-cooked meals and family bonding. It’s about giving back and making people smile. The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes, Inc. encourages you to do just that by getting involved with the Holiday Mail for Heroes program.
The program is in its third year and offers the opportunity to share holiday cheer with our men and women in uniform. It’s simple to do — just fill out a greeting card!
How does the program work? Easy. Send all cards to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
The deadline for these cards is December 7th, so get writing!
And don’t forget to follow the guidelines provided by the Red Cross:
- Sign all cards
- Entitle cards “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran”
- Limit cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
- Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes (there is no need to include individual envelopes and postage for cards)
- Send letters
- Include personal information such as home or email addresses
- Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
- Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process