We worked damn hard during the last snowpocalypse to make sure that you were well informed as to the snow related goings on in the DC area. In fact, I’d say we covered the bases pretty well. You know what that means for this time around? Recycled content!!
One of our readers, Shaun from Arlington, asked us about sledding hills in the DC area. Fortunately, Cathy came up with a pretty sweet list in December. For your information, here it is again:
“Sledding Hills by Location
In the city:
- Meridian Hill Park (NW, U Street) *Recommended by WLDC Author Tom
- Fort Reno (NW by American U.)
- 3545 Williamsburg Lane, NW (NW, Cleveland Park)
- Georgetown University’s old school of dentistry (NW, Burleith)
- Iwo Jima (Arlington) *Recommended by WLDC Author Katie
- Mt. Reston (Reston)
- Suicide Hill (Alexandria – Martha Custis Dr. & Preston Rd)
- Hill at Mason District Park (Annandale)
- GW Masonic Temple (Alexandria)
- Fairfax County: Best Local Sledding Hills[pdf] (Official!)
- Special recommendation from WLDC’s John: ‘I’ve always always always wanted to take the MASSIVE hill down Walter Reed that hits the bottom at 4 mile run near Shirlington. It’s more or less a ski ramp. You’d need traffic control as you don’t want to cross the intersection with an oncoming snow plow, but regardless, it would be AWESOME.’”
Enjoy the hills!