Union Station by NicoleHamam
Tonight the Phillips Collection (along with ReadysetDC, Worn Magazine, and Dandies and Quaintrelles) is throwing a pre-party and a post-party as a prelude to FotoWeek DC. Did that make any sense? Regardless, there’s a whole lot going on at Phillips After 5 tonight (5-8:30PM) that we encourage you to check out:
- View projections of photo entries for the InstaVintage contest (think faux blurry/grainy iPhone shots) as well as the announcement of the winner
- Get your vintage-like Polaroid picture taken
- Check out vintage bicycles on display
- Listen to gallery talks about the current TruthBeauty: Pictorialism and the Photograph as Art, 1845–1945 and Coburn and the Photographic Portfolio exhibits (6 and 7PM)
- Listen to a lecture by Alvin Langdon Coburn expert Pamela Roberts (6:30PM)
It’s common for tickets for these events to sell out, so advanced reservations are encouraged ($12 for adults, $10 for visitors 62 and over and students, free for members and visitors 18 and under). There is also an after party about a hundred feet away at the Hillyer Art Space (in the alley behind the Phillips). Turn of the 20th century attire is encouraged, so put on your corset or your bowler hat and get thee to the Phillips Collection tonight!