A mid-commute fire at an out-building at the Museum of Natural History on the Mall started a bit of a fracas, traffic-wise near the intersection of Constitution and 9th street NW this morning. The fire is reportedly the result of a welding mishap in the building that holds the museum’s cooling equipment.
The smoke cloud was disturbing to many this morning, resembling a mushroom cloud in shape, and certainly not the way one would want to start a Monday morning. The fire was quickly doused by DC Fire/EMS, and they have reported the museum was in no danger.
Shake it off, DC. No problem here.