Adventures, Food and Drink, The Daily Feed, WTF?!

How Many GU Students Does It Take To…?

Photo courtesy of
‘DSCF0842′
courtesy of ‘joelogon’

Yesterday, some Hoya had a serious brain fart and decided to heat up their pizza in the common room oven without removing it from the PAPER box. Of course, as physics and common sense would have it, a fire broke out and the Harbin Hall dormitory was evacuated. DCFD were promptly on the scene and students returned to their dorms just in time for Jeopardy.

Usually, I’d chalk this mistake up to drinking, but considering the fire occurred at 7pm (prime college dinner time) I’m gonna just call a bonehead a bonehead.

Adventures, Entertainment, Essential DC, Food and Drink, Life in the Capital, Special Events, The Daily Feed

Share Your Thanksgiving Mishaps

Photo courtesy of
‘OH GOD TURKEY.’
courtesy of ‘ibroadfo’

I’m sure we all have them, or have at least been a party to them. My story involves our next door neighbors nearly setting our apartment building on fire by leaving their bird in the oven a tad too long. There we were, just sitting down to our meal, when the sirens sounded and the firemen were knocking on our door. Luckily, the building didn’t go up in flames, and I believe our neighbors celebrated by hitting up the Chinese restaurant around the corner.

Have any really good Thanksgiving mishap stories? Share them and we can all hopefully learn from our mistakes.